Shooting firearms or gas-operated or air-operated weapons
This is from the Westmoreland County Web Page on Codes and Ordinances:
Sec. 30-1. Shooting firearms or gas-operated or air-operated weapons in
(a) The shooting of firearms or air-operated or gas-operated weapons
in the areas in the county designated below is considered dangerous to
the inhabitants thereof and is hereby prohibited:
(1) Stratford Harbour Subdivision.
(2) Potomac Shores Subdivision and within 100 yards thereof, except
that the 100-yard buffer zone shall not extend beyond a line 50 yards
from the tidal waters of Mattox Creek.
(3) Westmoreland Shores Subdivision and within 100 yards thereof.
(4) Brewington Subdivision and within 100 yards thereof.
(5) McKenney Subdivision and within 100 yards thereof.
(6) H. Bryan Jett Estates Subdivision and within 100 yards thereof.
(7) Monroe Bay Estates Subdivision and within 100 yards thereof.
(8) Property of Curley Packing Company identified as that land bounded
on all sides by State Route #658, adjoining Monroe Bay Estates
Subdivision, including Monroe Bay Campgrounds and Monroe Bay Trailer
Park and within 100 yards thereof.
(9) Placid Bay Estates Subdivision and within 50 yards thereof.
(10) Drum Bay Estates Subdivision.
(11) Waterview Subdivision.
(b) This section shall not prohibit shooting by any individual in the
lawful protection of his life or property or by any law enforcement
officer in the performance of his assigned duties.
(c) The firing of firearms for the killing of deer pursuant to Code of
Virginia, § 29.1-529 on land of at least five acres that is zoned for
agricultural use shall be exempt from the prohibitions of this section.
(d) Any person who shall violate any provision of this section shall
be guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor.
(Code 1988, § 11-1)
Cross references: Penalty for class 1 misdemeanor, § 1-16.
State law references: Authority for above section, Code of Virginia, §